Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Walking Hard on Fumes

Yesterday was the typical Christmas Season busy day. My daughter Kim who sadly has moved out with her boyfriend , spent the evening with me. It’s always good to have Kim who was singing the whole evening— which means that she is happy. I had tons of laundry to put away, including putting on the clean bedding.  My wife got back just before 10 from her women’s paint night at the church. This morning I did the Ridge Loop doing 9.16 miles in 2:04:37 for a 13:36 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 185 feet with an average heart rate of 119 bpm at a temperature of 32 degrees at 64 percent humidity.  It was an overcast dark morning in contrast to yesterday’s bright morning where I saw a falling star. This was a morning where I felt like turning around and heading for home. It is times like this where daily habit kicks in and I keep on trucking. I’m trying to embrace the darkness of these short days. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment