Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Slip Sliding on New Year’s in Hope, Maine

I have been fighting off a small cold, so I felt a little drained at first upon waking. I had my GNC energy shot and cold medicine and threw my workout clothes on. I was committed to the workout even when the wind and sleet hit my face as I approached the road. The roads were a bit slick but fortunately the temperatures were relatively mild at 36 degrees. I decided on doing the Seacoast/Barnestown Loop 3 times. I just felt more confident staying close to my parents. One side of the road was far superior to the other side. When a car came and I was forced to the bad side , my pace slowed considerably. The good thing is that on New Year’s morning the traffic was scant. I did 9.14 miles in 2:10:09 for a 14:14 minutes per mile with an elevation gain of 985 feet with an average heartrate of 121 bpm at 36 degrees and 99 percent humidity. It was a good day as I also got some good strength work in at my parents. It was a good time here in Hope including a supper at Moody’s Diner last night. Happy New Year and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment