Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Soaked Through

I decided to do the Greenway trail plus some extra. I wanted to get a workout while at the same time taking pressure off from my hamstring. So I walked the trail as opposed to power walking. I think the hamstring issue goes way back to my anniversary day when I did my workout and then went on a long walk of 8 miles in the blazing sun on the beach. I think that started the hamstring issue which from time to time pops up. I like the solitude of this workout which is all off road but crosses several roads. I did an extra 1.5 miles going up Possum road.  I did 9.36 miles in 2:31:46 for a 16:11 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 565 feet with an average pulse of 102 bpm at a temp of 74 degrees and 99 percent humidity. I saw quite a few people out and about. I brought my alkaline water in one bottle and cold brew coffee in the other bottle. I saw a mother deer with a couple of fawns at the beginning of the loop. There were many deer including a couple of young bucks with velvet spikes. This was a good change of pace availability thanks to summer vacation. May God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment