Thursday, August 2, 2018

Contentment

Yesterday, I took a look back at some of my old blog posts— to reminisce and reevaluate. There was a stretch of about a year where I mentioned that I was tired about every day. I noticed that I get especially happy when training in Eastport. My parents house is the place of refuge where I can always go to feel grounded and supported. Here in Ridge is my normal for now. Ridge is so familiar with it’s variety of loops and workout routes. I often don’t have time to be reflective since strangely enough Maine is the place where my mind still seems to live. I get more reflective there in Maine. I’m learning to seek to enjoy where you are at the moment. To seek the beauty in whatever place you are at the time. Most importantly, I found that being positive and purposeful are keys to being joyful. God is always working in our lives to those who serve Jesus. Waiting for His answers can be difficult. Being faithful in prayer can be difficult, but the rewards are enormous.
 Now for the workout:) I did the Longwood Loop again doing 9.35 miles in 2:10:51 for a 13:59 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 301 feet and an average heartrate of 118 bpm at 77 degrees and 95 percent humidity. I was soaked today through and through with the intense humidity. I made it a point to just enjoy the workout. I allowed myself to be satisfied that I am power walking and not runner. The best thing with power walking is that my body can tolerate the workout without feeling beaten down. I mean the soreness and fatigue are there, but it is manageable. I’m grateful for today! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment