Friday, October 20, 2023

Reflections(not workouts)

  I took today off from my walk as I used to time to get extra sleep after a late night at the Switchfoot concert last night. I did do my stability bar presses and t-bar rows. I did an almost eight mile hike last Saturday so that I could take Friday off. To be honest, I miss my usual morning routine, but the time off was necessary as I am tired. The concert was fun and it was especially nice spending time with my daughter Rebekah. 

Sometimes I have reason to walk the streets at work In Roosevelt. Sometimes I walk to the store for a coffee. Other times I have to walk back to the school after dropping my car off at the garage. What I notice is that I get a different perspective of Roosevelt. I can see the people that I don’t see when I’m driving. I can see their expressions and get a better feel for the community. I think in part that’s why Christ came to earth. He wanted to experience life the way we do to better understand and better love us.  If this is what the God of the universe does, then shouldn’t we strive for better understanding. May God richly bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment