Monday, October 9, 2023

Out of Bed

 In the morning when you first wake up, the bed seems so incredibly comfortable. On this Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day I have the luxury of taking my time. I usually compromise by starting an hour later than usual which is around 5 o’clock am. There is usually that underlying feeling that enjoys the security of home, but the benefits of working out don’t come without the workout. So also it is in life, without taking a step of faith and leaving the comfort of the known there will never be anything worthwhile accomplished. God is always taking us to someplace, He loves us too much to leave us as we are. 

 I did the Longwood Loop doing 9.33 miles in 2:36:49 for a 16:48 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 84 bpm with an elevation gain of 222 feet at an average cadence of 127 spm at a temperature of 45 degrees. I had some one fall in behind me on Wading River Manor Road. I maintain my lead until we separated on Niewood Street. 

Watching cowboy shows now. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment