Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Monday/Tuesday, Eastport/Hope

I did two beautiful workouts in two beautiful places. On Monday I headed out very early, venturing into the dark with my headlamp on my visor. I decided to stay on route 190 keeping the workout relatively flat since I knew that I had to ref the  Eastport/Perry soccer game later in the day. I don’t do a lot of sprinting so I tried to save my quads. As it were, I made out fine in the game. My Tamaflex joint supplement has been a godsend and has helped tremendously to the point where my knees feel normal. Thank you Lord. I went all the way to BRS school and back from Harris point. I did 9.29 miles in 2:14:35 for a 14:29 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 342 feet with an average heart rate of 125 bpm at a blustery 43 degrees at 72 percent humidity. The scenery is beautiful and solemn even though it’s an out and back loop. With the ocean on both sides even though it was low tide it’s a beautiful route. There was a point when I did the 190 as my go to loop for several months. Today (Tuesday) I did the Howe Hill Loop reversing my base 3 mile loop so that when I returned from Howe Hill , I would have less than a mile as opposed to a little over two miles. I reversed the loop so that I wouldn’t have to deal with the traffic at the end of my route. With this route I finished with no traffic. Here are the stats. I did 9.02 miles in 2:18:58 for a 15:24 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 888 feet with an average heart rate of 125 bpm at a damp 48 degrees and 93 percent humidity. There was a light drizzle throughout parts of the overcast workout. Thankfully I was able to get some extra sleep and see my dad before he left for work. I headed out the door a bit past 6:30. I’m on the ferry now headed for Long Island. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment