Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day Saunter

I didn’t set my alarm, and I found myself waking up a bit past 5.  I drank my coffee and then just let myself get sround slowly. It was 52 , drizzly, and overcast.  I decided to do the Longwood/Medford Loop doong 9.43 miles in 2:07:32 for a 13:30 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 340 feet with an average pulse of 115 bpm .  It gelt nice to do the workout in daylight and not having to feel rushed.  I am also realizing that my blog has been active for nearly 10 years with most of those years taking place here on Long Island. I did so many years of training in Eastport yet the log for those years rests in my mind.  It was Andy Seeley who inspired me to blog.  I enjoyed reading in his blog about his workouts and his thoughts.  He was ahead of his time using technology using the garmin 10 years before me. In blogging I am attempting not only to record , but to capture time.  My blog is a secret waiting to be discovered by those who may want just a little peep into my life and thoughts through antecdotes of my workouts. Have a blessed day! Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment