Friday, December 15, 2023

Falling Stars

 This time of year the sky seems to drop a bit lower. The dark morning skies seem to be so close that you could reach up and grab a star. This morning I continued a fortunate pattern of getting out in good season and maintaining a decent pace. I was able to get in both super sets of weights before leaving to work, once again making it on time. I did another version of the modified two loops with a short out and back. I keep playing with variations and directions on my route while keeping the overall route the same. If you don’t change it up, you start becoming overly conscious of when you arrive at certain parts of the route. If you change your route up your focus tends to remain on your workout in the present. This morning I saw a falling star drop out of the sky as I hiked up Woodlot. For some reason I usually see a lot of falling stars this time of year before Christmas. I did 8.42 miles in 2:16:12 for a 16:10 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 129 bpm with an elevation gain of 279 feet at a cadence of 129 spm. Fortunately my tight right hamstring and calf have seemed to loosen up a bit. I am grateful for that especially since I’ve had injuries in this area. 

A random thought. God uses hardship to draw you to Himself. When you’re hurting or angry, look up and praise the Lord. Faith opens our eyes to what the Lord is doing supernaturally in our lives. Our God weaves His supernatural into our ordinary natural lives. Praise His Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment