Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Early Start in Hope— First Workout of the Year 2020

I got up early since we have an early ferry to catch in New London. I relied on my headlamp as it was pitch black. It was snowing making the surface a little slick. My wife was not happy to see me up on New Years. I did make it out the door. There was something exciting about an early morning adventure knowing that the streets will be almost empty. I did the main loop 3 times going the usual Seacoast first way. This rout starts out with 3 big hills and then a long gradual downhill. I jogged some of the downhills to make up for the slower pace due to snowy roads and steep hills. My legs felt like jelly up the hills, but quickly recouped going down the hills. I did 9.11 miles in 2:05:53 for a 13:48 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 128 bpm and an elevation gain of 870 feet at a temperature of 27 degrees and 95 percent humidity. In the car now outside of Boston. It was a beautiful stay with 3 great workouts. Looking forward to some flatter workouts to finish the week. It has been a blessed vacation with my daughter Kaitland and grandson Keon. Happy New Year and God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment