Sunday, September 16, 2018

Greenway/Wertheim

A couple of active recovery days mainly because I’m able to thankfully. On Saturday I noticed a lot of homeless people near the Port Jefferson side of the trail. A veteran in a wheelchair, a lady coming off a hangover, and a guy sleeping on a bench with a half drunk big bottle of beer and a shirt draped over his head.  I saw my friend Lenny and Ruth near the start of the trail. Further on I saw fellow church goers Brian, Brenna, Brian’s wife , and Brenna(Jace’s girlfriend). I also met a guy named Mike who was beginning a walking routine who I met a couple of times on the trailbefore walking
with him starting at the beginning of the East Setauket side. I did 8.52 miles in 2:14:39 for a 15:47 minute per mile walking pace with an elevation gain of 555 feet with an average heartrate of 100 bpm. at a temperature of 68 degrees at 91 percent humidity.  Today I did 5.3 miles with an elvation gain of 193 feet with an average heartrate of 92 bpm. My watch was on for part of my commute home so my minutes per mile was not accurate. It was a warm somewhat humid day at Wertheim. I picked up a pair of glasses and left them at the beginning of the trail. I saw a turtle at the beginning of the trail. Looking forward to another week. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment