Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Yankee Go Home

I headed out the door at a late 7:30 and the temp was already 80 degrees. I woke up late so I just kind of went into workout mode. I have enjoyed the beautiful scenery here, but as I went out the door the heat all of a sudden felt hot and uncomfortable. Usually on the way out I enjoy the scenery, but today my energy and enjoyment kind of lagged. I did basically the same route as yesterday , but I headed up a side road off the end of El Dorado. Here is the tale of the tape- 8.16 in 1:48:17 for a 13:16 minute per mile pace with an average pulse of 133 bpm. The last 2 miles were a struggle, but I just forced myself to keep going-- not worried about maintaining a fast pace. I finished and as I have done every day I jumped in the pool. I was surprised to be out in the pool all alone. Now we are heading back to the airport in Tampa. Although it is kind of sad to be going home it will be nice to eacape the heat-- at least dor my morning workout. It was a fun week-- God is good. See you tomorrow in my blog from Long Island, New York. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment