Wednesday, August 16, 2017

No Heat No Problem

We got back home around 10. Flying into Islip puts us only 30 minutes from home. I didn't have the most restful night 's sleep so when 5:30 rolled around I went into workout mode-- now I am feeling the side effects of the poor sleep:). If I hadn't just come from Florida I would have said that today was humid. I was covered in sweat, but believe me today seemed comfortable. I did the Scenic Hills, Longwood, Medford Loop doing 9.25 in 1:57:30 for a 12:42 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 277 feet and an average heartrate of 122 bpm. The temp was 68 degrees with 100 percent humidity. I had to run some as I got out late and my pace was falling off.  I enjoyed being back home out of the heat.  I enjoyed my time down there , but thst heat is difficult to train in. I was getting an upset stomach and headache every day. All that family time catches up with you after 7 days. Anyway, I had some great experiences, but being home kind of seems like a vacation now. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment