Thursday, August 10, 2017

Ready for the Heat

I got out the door an hour later, because of the late night last night at the Rays/Red Sox game.  I headed in the opposite direction heading due south. I wore a belt with two ten ounce water bottles to allow me to remain hydrated. This route was quieter and more scenic going along the water in many places. My pace was a bit slower, but I felt better towards the end of my workout. I did 8.11 in 1:44:14 for a 12:50 minute per mile pace with an average heartrate of 131 bpm at 84 degrees and 80 percent humidity. I enjoyed having quieter conditions and because of the water I felt better despite the heat. The heat is by far the greatest obstacle as there is no elevation gain at all down here. Feeling blessed with the relaxed schedule and beautiful conditions here in Cape Coral. Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment