Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Meet the Heat

I did a workout Saturday to make up for missing yesterday 's workout. Today I got
Out a bit past 6:30 to find that it was still dark. I decided to go out until I hit just past 4 miles and then return.  I was fortunate to find some lengthy roads that enabled me to get the distance in. The terrain here is completely flat. This allowed me to go along at a good clip. I was tempted to go a bit further, but I was sweating profusely, so I stayed with my plan. I hit mile 4 around a place called Chiquita Mall went to the yellow box there before turning back. I found that my pace naturally slowed and my body tired from the heat, but especially the humidity.  With 1 mile to go I was glad and just sort of survived the last mile. Here are the stats- 8.14 in 1:42:22 for a 12:33 minute per mile pace with a average  heartrate of 136 bpm. Always good to get a workout in the books. Have a blessed day from sunny and hot Florida( as I sit by the pool overlooking the canal in Cape Coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment