Friday, August 11, 2017

Flo-rida

I got out around 7:15. The bed feels good and it's vacation-- plus on the west coast of Florida the sun rises later.  I did the same route as yesterday with one slight alteration.  It was cooler at the beginning of the workout which temporarily elevated my confident into things that I could go further. That thought quickly passed. Carrying water on my belt(a trick I learned from Andy Seeley years back) definitely helped make the workout more comfortable. The beauty of gliding along the various canals and thinking to myself that I thought that I would never make it to Florida dor vacation made for a pleasant workout despite the heat and humidity. The heat and humidity make the workouts challenging, but this place is flat as a pancake. The folks down here are pleasant and say the good mornings and hellos. Here are the daily stats-- 8.14 miles in 1:43:32 for a 12:42 minute per mile pace with an average heartrate of 124 bpm. The Nike app does not give me the temperature and humidity. I have been especially blessed this summer. Off to see Char's Unle Gene and Aunt Lorraine north of Tampa. It is kindof cool seeing children at the bus stops.School starts early down here. God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment