Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Stars are Out(but it's still dark)

  My alarm went off as usual at 4:04 am, and I turned my alarm off--paused for a minute, and then rolled out of bed.  Kim has no school today and Jace is at his dad's house--so a quiet morning it was.  It was a good commute making it here in under an hour.  I noticed on many parts of the Longwood/Medford Loop that the street light timer's seem to blinking the lights off for longer periods of time.  So many parts of the workout were almost pitch black.  I did 8.86 miles in 1:55:12 for a 12:59 minute per mile walking pace with an average heartrate of 125 bpm. I was just thinking that this March,  Keon and Ruby turn 2 years.  In May my oldest granddaughter turns 3--wow.  I am grateful for my early morning workouts, because thankfully this is the one part of my life that through the many years remains the same.  I'm grateful to God for this time.  I am glad that I made the switch to power walking since this has saved my knees which were getting beat up with the running.  Also of note, the stomach virus helped me to get my body weight in the lower mid-190's.  I just have to be disciplined with my eating.  Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment