Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Quiet Wednesday

 I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off at 4. The bed seems oh so comfy, but my future looking half of me was thinking to the good feeling that I always get when my workout is done.  The thing with my workouts is that they are not killer workouts.  I don't dread them or have to get psyched for them--but I do have to put in the time and some effort.  You are not likely to do something repeatedly that you dread-- so in that way, I feel like my workouts play on my strength--consistency.  I did 8.85 on the Longwood/Medford Loop doing it in 1:59:58 at a 13:33 minute per mile pace with a 113 bpm average heartrate.  For some reason I did not get the elevation gain. The weather was overcast and 41 degrees.  I do miss Maine, but I have to admit that I like the winter's much better here in New York.  I don't have to brace myself for going out into brutally cold weather on a consistent basis.  The memories of my workouts there will never fade, but you can't go back in time because things change.  The way things were does not exist anymore, so today is the day that we have to claim and enjoy. Praise God for His goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment