Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Feeling Like Maine

I woke up again to another cold morning at 9 degrees.  At this temp, when you go through the snow the prevailing sound is crunch crunch crunch.  To say the least I was not that enthusiastic when I woke up, but without thinking my body rolled out of bed towards my coffee and workout gear.  I am a bit out of sorts and have been since yesterday a.m..  I had a sort of confrontation of sorts, and I am so conflicted.  Lots of feelings,but the one I usually go to -- I can't.  Lord, be near me today and with those that I hold so dearly.  Tales of the tape-- Figure 8 extra plus(same as yesterday) 8.59 miles in 1:56:05 for a 13:30 minute per mile pace with a 118 bpm heartrate average.  I am reminded at the resolve that it took to train in the winters in Maine.  Snow I could take although it slows the workouts down, but brutal cold takes a lot of intestinal fortitude.  I'm glad that I do not have to do it every morning. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment