Saturday, March 9, 2024

A Quiet Walk in the Woods

  I was coming back after taking Char to pick up our car rental. Char was then heading to the Rockaways for a Spa day. I wanted to do a walk, but I wanted a change. I wasn’t filled with much motivation. I was headed by the Ridge trail near Woodlot, when I decided to give it a try. Initially, I was going to do the basic loop , and then do the Randall loop later. But, as I headed along I saw trail markers that I hadn’t seen before. The lead me to Whiskey Road and across to the other side. The trail was narrow and took me miles through the pine barrens towards Rocky Point. It was a cool overcast late winter late morning, early afternoon. I did 7.17 miles in 2:45:15 for a lazy 22:45 minutes per mile at an average heart rate of 69 bpm at an average cadence of 103 spm with an elevation gain of 468 feet at 42 degrees. It was a nice relaxing time on a new trail. Nice surprise. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment