Friday, March 15, 2024

Reserve

  I learned a lot about training from a man named Robert Hillgrove back when I trained with him in high school. He was a middle aged man with a son around my age who was training to get back in shape. Me, I was training to win the State Class C championship in either the 800 m or the 1600 meter race. One thing he always said, was to stay “on top” of your workouts and training. That is to never let yourself get so worn out that the workout was dictating to you. What had been happening to me is that I was training so close to the edge, that I had little to no energy reserve remaining. Thankfully I desperation I changed up my training as I have been talking about. I am noticing that I am a bit more optimistic and looking forward to things. When you have an energy reserve you make better less rushed decisions, including food choices. My weight has gone down despite the lower mileage. Thank you Lord. Here are my results: 7 x Raynor: 6.46 miles in 1:41:51 for a 15:46 minute per mile pace at an average heart rate of 87 bpm with an elevation gain of 335 feet at an average cadence of 128 spm at 51 light rainy degrees. I hope to start my weights next week if my back feels better. My wife and I may head to Montauk tomorrow. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment