Saturday, November 18, 2023

Friday/Saturday

  Friday and Saturday have been days of early travel and unexpected opportunity. My father in law had to go into St. Vincent’s in Syosette for a heart procedure. I brought him in at 5:30 am and had a smooth trip to the hospital before I turned around for home. I took the day off from work to be available for my father in law when his procedure was finished. I was able to get a hike in at Brookhaven and mow the lawn. I was also able to take my daughter to get her badge for work. She and my granddaughter had lunch with me before heading home.  I ended up picking my father in law up late afternoon.Today I took my wife to the airport at 6 so that she could surprise her brother on his 50 th birthday. I headed home and got a coffee and a muffin before kicking back a bit. I decided to head back out to Brookhaven. I will attempt to sleep in a bit tomorrow. Here are the stats for my hikes.

Friday: I did 8.61 miles in 2:58:34 for a 20:43 minute per mile with an average heart rate of 71 bpm with an elevation gain of 370 feet at an average cadence of 109 spm at around 58 degrees.

Saturday: I did 8.75 miles in 2:58:45 for a 20:24 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 67 bpm with an elevation gain of 449 feet at around 55 degrees.

I’m grateful for the opportunities that the Lord provides. Especially when I can slow the pace of life down for a little bit. I do miss my Charlotte, but I have to share my amazing wife. God bless you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment