Friday, November 10, 2023

Cocoon Feeling on Veterans Day

 There are those mornings when you feel like staying in the comfort of your own bed and the warmth of your own room. Thankfully I was able to sleep in a bit. This morning work routine certainly take’s its toll. It’s nice to be able to relax and recover. A day off means an opportunity to recharge my personal batteries. I have enjoyed the little outings with my daughter and granddaughters. Our time together has been a blessing. I have enjoyed having the liberty of having a bit more free time. I do miss my wife , but the time by myself has been productive. Today’s workout was definitely slower. I took advantage of the opportunity to take my time. I had good workouts this week. I did the Longwood loop doing the Red Maple version off from Medford road. I did 9.15 miles in 2:32:46 for a 16:41 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 83 bpm with an elevation gain of 290 feet at an average cadence of 126 spm at 46 cloudy degrees. My strength work went well. Later on the girls and I did a hike at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge after I mowed my back lawn. Looking forward to a bit more freedom before my Love comes home! God bless you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment