Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Ending the Month on a Low in the Snow

  I woke up to a snowy morning. This was the first time that we had any measurable snow this winter. I knew that Charlotte had to go to work, so I decided to cut back on my distance and come back and shovel before work. The local schools had a delayed start, so I knew that there would be fewer people out and around. I did two loops of Raynor, Kastal, Ridge for 6.30 miles in 1:53:12 for a 17:57 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 137 bpm with an elevation gain of 223 feet at an average cadence of 126 spm at 32 snowy degrees. I knew that I wasn’t getting to 200 miles for the month and with my age and the greasy conditions I just decided to keep things manageable instead of striving. I need to be a little more reasonable in my older age. I figured that with my work schedule that I could still meet all my goals on my watch closing all the circles. I also decided to cut out my physical therapy as my right flute was tight yesterday. Again, I need to cut back a little to ensure that I can keep going. Thank you Lord for a good day. I think that my depression medication is actually helping elevate my mood. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment