Thursday, February 23, 2023

Wednesday—Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, Tuesday, Miami, Florida

 Wednesday- I got out early knowing that I had to get out early to head to the beach on the boat tender. I started doing a short sprint up an incline at the end of deck 7.  I usually do a combination of deck 7 and 8. I usually see deck hands and a few early risers. Early is the way to go on this ship. Here I sit now on my room deck looking at the port in Miami. I am so grateful for this relaxing time and this time with Charlotte. We are blessed to have each other. I see a cruise as a luxury item, but I have needed it since the commute and my job have been grinding me down. My Prozac has helped elevate my mood which was really dragging me down. Depression seems to be one of my weak spots, but I’ve learned to get help when it kicks in. I feel like this week I have been able to recharge my batteries a bit. Just not having to get in my car and head to work to get there in time after my workday has been a blessing. Now for the workouts.

Wednesday- Bahamas: 8.32 miles in 2:42:43 for a 19:33 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 71 bpm with an average cadence of 111 spm at a warm temp I’m guessing of 72 degrees.

Thursday- Had to get out early for my tour of Miami and my customs check. I finished my workout by going to the cafeteria to get cereal, a danish, and a couple of muffins. I did 7.68 miles in 2:27:49 for a 19:15 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 72 bpm at an average cadence of 112 spm at a warm probably 72-73 degree Miami temp. It was beautiful to watch us enter beautiful Miami harbor in the pre-dawn hours. Thank you Lord for your many blessings.

I probably will be off-line for a couple of days , so will most likely blog on Sunday. There is an outside change of an early blog time. We’ll see. God bless you my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment