Saturday, May 1, 2021

Remembering Lenny

 Charlotte was working early at WW so I decided to hit the Greenway Trail in Port Jefferson which goes to East Setauket. I often would come across my friend Lenny and his wife Ruth on the trail. It’s been nearly a year since I hiked on that trail. The last time I hiked it was at the hight of the pandemic. Things have changed a lot since then, with today feeling almost like the good ole days. Only one guy put his mask up when I passed. It’s nice that people are relaxing— probably due to receiving the vaccine. I did the full course with its excursions. I even picked up a nitro cold brew with sweet cream foam. The sweet foam was a little cheat since I’ve been doing the intermittent fasting. I needed a few calories and the two shots of especially. It was a beautiful, cool, breezy spring morning. I was reminded of my many blessings as I am as walking along. It’s so easy in the struggles and disappointments of life to forget the incredible blessings that God gives. God doesn’t reveal His full plan because He wants us to walk this life by faith. I did 9.69 miles in 2:46:35 for a 17:11 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 80 bpm with an elevation gain of 655 feet at 43 degrees and 59 percent humidity. Lord willing, Ericka and the girls are coming over this afternoon. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment