Thursday, July 12, 2018

Changing It Up

I had to take my step-son Jace to work so I decided to skip my early morning workout and head to the Greenway trail after I dropped him off at work. I added some distance on Possum road to get the distance to 9 plus miles. I don’t use my speed walking stride when I do the trail so it is just a natural walk. I didn’t mind the slower pace since my hamstring tightened up a bit at the end of yesterday’s workout. Here are the tales of the tape- 9.14 miles in 2:27:37 for a 16:08 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 557 feet with an average pulse of 99 bpm at a temperature of 68 degrees and a dry 64 percent humidity level. As always you see people some walking some running at various paces on the trail.  The stop at Starbucks at the turnaround is always the high point of the hike. The scenery is beautiful with wildlife spottings frequently occurring. I found out that Dale Lincoln passed away today. Dale made life better and certainly more interesting. I went on a walk at the Wertheim Wildlife Refuge just because after lunch. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment