Monday, April 2, 2018

A Day Late

Today is Monday April 2,2018 and yesterday was April fools day and today it snowed. For Long Island April snow is unusual.  When I went out it was snowing, but the roads were wet. As I progressed the roads changed from wet to snow covered. The snow once again built up in the hollow spot near the heal. It made for slow tredging the last couple of miles since I had to continually slide my feet to keep the snow from building up. I did the Scenic Hills, Niewood, Medford Loop doing 9.01 in 2:09:50 for a 14:24 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 374 feet with an average pulse of 122 bpm at a temperature of 35 degrees at 70 percent humidity. I did active rest workouts on Sunday and Monday to make up for missing last Thursday and Friday.  I did the Greenway trail from Port Jefferson to East Setauket on Saturday doing 7.51 in 2:02:39 for a 16:19 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 529 feet with an average pulse of 102 bpm at a terrific of 40 degrees and 48 percent humidity. I did the Wertheim trails in Mastic on Sunday doing 7.58 miles in 2:11:50 for a 17:22 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 98 feet with an average heartrate of 100 bpm at 44 degrees and 83 percent humidity. My objective was to get my acive movement goal for each day to make up for two days last week. I am blessed to get the workouts in and especially to have my grandson and daughter here in New York. Enjoying vacation— God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment