Friday, April 20, 2018

What is Good and What is Not

I woke up with a positive feeling this morning. I got dressed and had my coffee and was out the door at 4:18. I started out doing my “usual loop”, but when passing Woodlot I decided to keep going and do the Scenic Hills, Longwood, Medford Loop. I just needed a change today. The air was cool and the skies were clear.  I could just tell that my pace was decent by the feel of my feet on the pavement. I did 9.03 in 1:58:43 doing a 13:08 minute pace with an elevation gain of 341 feet with an average heartrate of 118 bpm at a temp of 35 degrees and 66 percent humidity. I made it to work in good time and had a nice talk with my dad as he is on spring break.
  Back to my title. There are many good things in my life. I’m going to highlight my workouts(health), and work as two things that are giving me peace. I think at this point I may prefer work and workouts to home.  This has nothing to do with not loving my wife and family, but it does have to do with home being a physical place and not a home. We have people who live in the house, but cohabiting is about as far as it goes.  We are like the United Kingdom separate countries with separate interests yet we are under the same “flag”. There is communication, but no intimacy. We have strained tolerance, but no acceptance for each other. We have strained commitment, but not true love and understanding for each other. We are busy but the activity lacks true meaning.  I have better friends at work than at church. My relationship with my wife’s family has steadily gone down hill with every crisis that my family has dealt with and I know they blame me and my girls for my wife being unhappy. My daughters are struggling with issues, but don’t listen very well to me. I feel alone, bit I know that the Lord is with me even though my family is far away. I am looking to the Lord to use me and my family so that can receive the glory. Lord forgive me for my sin and renew my desire for holiness! Amen

2 comments:

  1. Eric I am praying for you and your wife. Blended families are difficult in the best of circumstances. Throw in a few good crises and watch out. No magic bullet except the consistent application of the Word of God. God brings us to the point of total dependence upon him before he provides the miracle (lest we should boast). Keep loving her through it, in spite of it, and because of it. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prayers Andy. They are much appreciated. I really admire what you are doing in adopting these children. It’s a wonderful thing that you and Lisa are doing!

    ReplyDelete