Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Running on Empty

 This morning I had a couple of options floating through my head. I had an ultrasound at 8:15 am to check my aorta. My grandmother died at 57 from an aneurysm in her aorta so I wanted to get it checked out. This test requires that I have no food or drink for 6 hours prior to the test. One option was to go for a hike after my appointment. The other option was to go for a shorter workout before the appointment since it’s supposed to be hot. I drank a bottle of water at 2 am knowing that this was the latest that I could drink. When I woke up a little before 5 I pondered my course of action. I decided on doing around 7 miles. I did an out and back on Raynor, did the Woodlot loop, did the Ridge/Kastal loop, with a short out and back on Ryan and on the hill on Raynor. Here are the stats- 7.56 miles in 2:02:31 for a 16:12 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 155 bpm with an elevation gain of 209 feet at an average cadence of 126 spm at a somewhat comfortable 69 degrees. I did better than I thought without the water. The approach that I took worked. Thank you Lord for your wisdom, guidance, and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment