Thursday, July 20, 2023

Bogged Down with the Heat

 The workouts have been good, but the recovery has been slow. I have never done too well in the heat and with age I seem to be even more effected. Thankfully I can putter around in the mornings, and kind of revive in the afternoon. Either way, it’s just the cycle that I am in right now. I did the Medford/Randall Loop doing 9.15 miles in 2:31:46 for a 16:34 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 166 bpm an elevation gain of 238 feet with an average cadence of 124 spm at 68 degrees. I brought water again and it seemed to be what I needed. I saw a couple of walkers who were like me trying to beat the heat.

On another note I have made a bit of progress on my right shoulder injury. I am now able to do some kettle bell one arm presses with the 40 pound weight. God is good! God bless you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment