Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Change in Direction

 I woke up feeling ok, but my stomach was a bit off. It’s difficult to get my walks in with having to make “pit stops”. I was a bit discouraged, as it’s been awhile since I haven’t had some ailment or another. I decided to do the 2 x Woodlot/Ridge with a short out and back at the beginning. I prayed a lot about how I was feeling and God was gracious. My workout went okay and I felt better at the end than at the beginning. I was able to get my physical therapy in at school and my strength work after the walk. Thank you Lord for your blessings.

I did 8.64 miles in 2:18:09 for a 15:59 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 145 bpm with an elevation gain of 209 feet at an average cadence of 127 spm at a temp of 45 degrees.

Doing some small changes. I’m only doing PT 5 days a week instead of every day. I’m also having two pieces of toast with almond butter for breakfast, rather than doing intermittent fasting. My wife saw research that intermittent fasting can be harmful long term. The fasting did help get me under 200 pounds at a time when I was struggling. It feels good to have that nourishment in my body. Moderation is the key with diet. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment