Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Maine Over Christmas

  I headed to Maine Sunday after church. It snowed most of the way, including heavy snow from Boston through New Hampshire. In Maine the roads were in better shape. I headed the coastal route through Brunswick. On Monday I did my new standard workout in Hope doing two Loops and then heading up Howe Hill almost to the top. I did 9.02 miles in 2:09:21 for a 15:27 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 111 bpm with an elevation gain of 858 feet at 29 degrees and 97 percent humidity. The roads were a bit glassy, bit there was enough gravel to get decent traction. The sun even shown through a couple of time. Today I started out doing my standard loops , but I quickly saw that the footing was bad due to snow and that route 190 was the best alternative. I did 10.09 in 2:34:42 for a 15:20 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 112 bpm with an elevation gain of 427 feet at 34 degrees and 91 percent humidity. Route 190 was my go to route when the weather was bad. It’s a beautiful route with the ocean on both sides. I just spent a little time with mg daughter before she heads to work. God is so good . God bless you! Tomorrow I will attempt to get up earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment