Saturday, February 29, 2020

Friday Leaping into Saturday

Friday was a good day. I woke up refreshed and smoothly transitioned into a good start time which meant a more relaxed workout. I did the Woodlot/Ridge/Randall Loop with a couple up and backs on Ryan Ave.. I did 8.52 miles in 2:03:15 for a 14:27 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 212 feet with an average pulse of 114 bpm at a breezy 30 degrees and 46 percent humidity. I got back in good season and was able to do my final 2 sets of bench presses. This morning I knew that my wife had Weight Watchers so I predetermined to go to Port Jefferson for the Greenway trail plus out and back. I listed to my favorite podcasts and internet radio on the way. I did 9.79 miles in 2:50:46 for a 17:26 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 696 feet with an average heart rate of 104 bpm at a temp of 29 degrees and 49 percent humidity. It’s a beautiful place to hike, and today there were not many folks out and about. I did a little splurge by eating a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin and an iced caramel macchiato at McDonalds. A great start to the weekend. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment