Friday, March 2, 2018

Extreme Conditions

I woke up a bit earlier knowing that the forecast was for heavy rain. I decided to venture out and if things became too adverse, I would shorten the workout.  I decided to do the Scenic Hills, Niewood, Medford Loop since usually this route with the exception of Wading River Hillow Road floods the least. I will say that the rain is exceeded what I anticipated.  I was fine heading south with the wind to  my back.  I don’t mind being wet, I just don’t eant to be cold and wet. I found it important to avoid deep mud puddles. Too much water and nowhere to put it. My feet quickly became drenched. When I started to head north the wind quickly made me feel cold and miserable. At numerous junctures I found myself planning alternative shorter route. I ended up running to heat my body which had started to chill. As fate would have it , I ended up finishing the entire route. Here are my final estimated(but very accurate) stats - 9.05 miles in 1:57 doing about a 12:55 minute per mile pace with an estimated elevation gain of 3:40 with an average heartrate of 118 bpm. Note-  I almost got stuck in a huge mud puddle in the school parking lot. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment