Friday, April 28, 2017

You Light(ning) Up My Life

I looked at my watch to check the temp and the forecast to see how I should dress for my workout. I saw a temp of 57 and forecast for sun. I headed out the door at 4:23 for my Medford/Randall/Woodlot  Loop. By mile 2 the sky was lighting up by lightning illuminating the landscape for a split second as if it were daytime.  Each lightning strike was followed by thunder indicating that the storm was around 7 miles south of Ridge near Mastic. I ended up doing 8.85 miles in 1:57:59 at a 13:20 minute per mile walking pace with an elevation gain of 117 feet with an average pulse of 116 bpm.  The storm never moved towards is , but the last couple of miles I experienced drizzle which seemed to feel good.  It was a good week of training, considering Injust kind of feel numb inside-- kind of tired, a bit beaten down , but not defeated.  Praying for a good weekend for myself and my family. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment