Wednesday, March 16, 2016

It's Been A year

I checked my blog a year ago and found that today marks a year since I made the permanent switch to walking.  It was the week of the birth of my grandson Keon's birth that I started walking after recovering from an injury.  It was a major change, but I am so glad that I made the change.  I just knew that running was hurting my body too much.  I would rather workout in a pain-free way, than keep doing the same workout and eventually being able to do nothing.  I find that in many ways the speed walk fulfills the need that my runs once fulfilled.  What a great occasion to remember this major change--the birth of Keon.

This morning I did the Longwood Loop doing 8.74 miles in 1:56:54 for a 13:23 minute per mile pace.  Also managed to get in a couple of sets of chins before going to work.  It was 41 degrees with no breeze.  Just the perfect temperature.  I have been liking this loop and have switched from doing a different loop every day.  I had a great time at Bible Study last night.  We had Jorge's group join us, which proved to be a delightful time.  Off to the rigors of work. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment