Monday, March 14, 2016

Eastport/Ridge

  I did a couple of nice workouts--one in Eastport and one in Ridge.  Sunday to celebrate spring ahead I did a workout on my old routes.  Combining the North end loop with the 3.1 County and High Street loop with the Dump Road loop.  I integrated the new gravel road that goes by the sewer plant to the Estes head terminal along with one hill on Estes head.  I finished up by doing the tracks before arriving and going up the hill to the Motel East.  I did 9.36 miles in 1:58:11 for an excellent 12:38 minute per mile pace.  It was a comfortable 43 degrees.  I snapped quite a few pictures as I went along these familiar roads.  I went out to breakfast and then to church at Cornerstone with my daughters and grandson Keon.  It kind of seems strange that I am here today on Long Island typing this--sometimes I still can't believe that I actually moved.  I thought that I would be there for the rest of my life, but i would say that the Lord had other plans--although I still feel that my heart is still back and may remain in Eastport.  That is not to say I regret or do not see the advantages to being here on Long Island--just saying that I feel torn every time I leave there.  So many people and so many connections.
  Today in Ridge I did the Medford/Randall/Woodlot loop for 8.6 miles in 1:55:04 for a decent 13:23 minute per mile walking pace.  It was very quiet with drops of rain occasionally hitting me in the face.  Great way to start the week.  Have a blessed day--I'm looking to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment