Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Showers and Mild

 I got out at 4:22 am and did my figure 8 plus extra.  I had to modify a bit since I had to pick up my recyclables which were scattered about last night by the strong wind gusts--this made for a slow first mile just over 15 minutes.  There were periods of raindrops followed by periods of mild gentle breezes blowing in my face. I did 8.55 miles in 1:58:21 for a 13:51 minute per mile pace. Today was a nice quiet day with rarely seeing a car and not one person on foot.  These mild conditions reminded me of the early springs back in Eastport when I would bike the 5 miles to work after having done my morning run.  The ride along 190 was always very scenic with the ocean on both sides.  Many times I would bike with the wind in my face and would find that the winds had changed direction so that I would have the wind in my face on the way back home.  It was a terrific way to start and end the workday.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment