Thursday, January 4, 2018

Out in a Long Island Blizzard

 I got out a bit past 6 am.  I could see the once light storm was rapidly intensifying.  I headed out and was surprised to see so many out around. I did the Scenic Hills, Niewood, Medford Loop since it is tree covered providing shelter from the powerful northeast winds.  I was ok , but dome of the hill climbs took place on roads covered with snow making the climb more labor-some.  When I went up Ridge Road the snow pelted into my face driven by the wind making visibility fleeting.  I had to place my hands with fingers spread out in front of my face. This storm is definitely living up to it’s reputation. Here are today’s stats— 9.09 in 2:15:56 for a 14:56 minute per mile pace with an average heartrate of 115 bpm with an elevation gain of 471 feet at a temperature of 26 degrees and 95 percent humidity in blizzard whiteout conditions. Will be working the scoop and the shovel today. Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment