Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Better Day

I got up 5 minutes earlier today to try to get things started right. Ten years ago I would not picture me setting my alarm to 3:50 or 3:55, but you do what you have to do.  I know myself that I need these working. The alone time, exercise, and a time for reflection and prayer is vital.  I don’t always enjoy my workouts, but I am doing something that if I just go out there and put in the time and effort that Lord willing the workout will get done. I did the Randall, Medford, Woodlot Workout doing 9.04 in 2:00:23 for a decent 13:19 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 202 feet with an average heartrate of 122 bpm at a temperature of 40 degrees with 100 prrcent humidity.  It’s funny , but it seems as if my one constant friend has been my workout. When the reat of my life seems challenging and lonely I have been able to count on my workout friend.  When my kids don’t listen and my wife won’t talk to me — I still have my friend.  I have my friend, because the Lord has been so gracious to me for provthe time and health. Thank you Lord so very much for being my constant source of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment