Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Easing Up

I woke up and was surprised to see 6 inches of snow when we were supposed to just have snow showers. Even more surprising was the fact that many roads were untouched by the plow trucks. I decided to do the Scenic Hills, Niewood, Medford Loop as these roads would be more likely to be treated than the figure 8 extra plus.  The scenery was beautiful but the footing made for challenging travel by foot. I did have one fall on Kastal as there was a slick icy patch below the snow. Fortunately no injury just my hamstring started to cramp a bit. When I finished I had to shovel out the driveway which took some time. My kids didn’t have school, but I did. I arrived late, but made it ok. Here are the stats for this stormy day— 9.13 in 2:03:57 for a 13:33 minute per mile pace  with an elevation gain of 357 feet with an average pulse of 129 bpm at a snowy 27 degrees and 94 percent humidity. Looking forward to the Super Bowl Patriots vs. Eagles. Getting a little bit excited! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment