Thursday, December 14, 2017

Snow Going

I woke up a bit out of sorts after a night with a little extra excitement, but I’m not going to get into that now.  The streets were snow covered which made the traveling slick but beautiful.  I was a bit tired  but after my coffee I was set to take off for the streets of Ridge.  I started out doing the figure 8 extra plus , but at the end of Ridge I decided to switch things up so I headed across Middle Country for Medford Road.  I was tired and I needed a change— I knew also that there would be practically no traffic on this scenic quiet road. Here are today’s stats- 8.62 miles in 1:55:50 for a 13:25 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 186 feet with an average pulse of 127 bpm. In many portions I had to slow jog just to trudge through the slush and snow with my knees being a little achy. The temp was 24 degrees with a 91 percent humidity.  I just feel blessed to get the workout in on a day when the conditions were poor and my energy and motivation were low. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment