Saturday, September 2, 2017

Thursday-Friday-Saturday

I missed Wednesday's workout because I was in the hospital all night Tuesday and most of the day on Wednesday because of a medical emergency with my daughter Rebekah. Thursday and Friday I did the Scenic Hills, Niewood, and Medford Loop. Here are the stats- Thursday-- 10.3 miles in 2:25:38 for a 14:08 minute per mile pace. I intended to do less but my brother called and I couldn't end my workout without hanging up on my brother since I was talking on my iPhone watch.  There was an elevation gain of 302 feet with an average pulse of 118 bpm at a temperature of 63 degrees at 91 percent humidity. On Friday I did 9.31 miles in 1:47:32 for an 11:32 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 306 feet with an average pulse at 153 bpm at a temp of 54 degrees with humidity at 67 percent.  I did run some as I set my alarm wrong and got out late. The cooler and dryer temperatures make for great workouts. On Saturday I did an active recovery walk not using my race walking technique doing 7.65 miles in 1:56:52 for a 15:16 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 511 feet with an average pulse of 103 bpm at 59 degrees and 68 percent humidity at Port Jefferson/East Setauket on the Greenway Trail.  I always order Starbucks on my phone and pick up a clover coffee in East Setauket.  There were many people out walking, biking, and running.  I saw my friends Ruth and Lenny in East Setauket just before they began their run. It's been an eventful week , but I have loved having Katie and Keon spend thw last two nights here with me-- it's the best thing ever.  I feel blessed to get the five workouts in under such trying circumstances. Workouts
have been God's gift to help me cope with stress. Praise God and God Bless! Happy Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment