Saturday, June 3, 2017

Friday/Saturday in Eastport

I had two good workouts in Eastport this weekend. Right now I am in the car on 95 heading back to Long Island. I did my intown loops workout including Water Street, Adams Street, County Road, Drummond Road(Dump Road), new road past sewer plant, Harris Point.  I felt pretty good going on all my old routes. When I workout in Eastport it's like visiting an old friend.  There are beautiful sites at every bend in the road. Here are the tails of the tape for Friday--I did 9.64 miles in 2:07:57 for a 13:16 minute per mile walking pace and an elevation gain of 634 feet and an average heartrate of 121 bpm. Today I did my new regular workout when at Harris Point doing Redoubt Hill, Estes Head, and Quoddy Village with a big dose of scenic 190.  I decided to run a good deal of today's workout as my wife was awake and probably would not feel kindly with me getting back too late. It was 47 degrees with partly sunny skies.  I headed out around 5:15 am. I felt ok-- I was not trying to set any records, just trying to get back in decent time. Here are the tails of the tape-- I did 9.16 in 1:41:10 doing 11:02 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 495 feet with an average pulse of 144 bpm. Going through Portland now.  I still feel a close bond with Eastport and hate leaving my daughter and grandson. I am just so happy to have gotten a couple of workouts in one of my favorite places. It still feels odd leaving this place that for so long was my home. Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment