Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Starting in Fall Ending in Winter

 I started the day with a little extra enthusiasm as I knew that Wednesday morning was going to be an easy morning(Lord willing of course) with the 4th and 5th grades on a field trip.  In addition, I had my toughest day Tuesday with back to back doubles and a single class of 7th and 8th graders for PE. So even though I woke up feeling the same physically, after having my Starbucks Black Eye cup of coffee, I dressed up and did the Longwood/Medford Loop doing 8.88 miles in 1:55:38 for a 13:00 minute per mile pace with an average pulse of 119 bpm.  I was pleased with the pace and just kind of enjoyed today's workout.  This time of year it's as if time stands still while I amble along the streets with Christmas lights winking at me as if to bid me a good morning.  I reflect back on the days of workouts in past years with this always being a good time for me.  It's as if for a brief season I feel at peace and am comforted in a way that I don't experience at other times of the year. My wight has been hovering in the upper 190's as food seems to be my comfort from the hustle and bustle of the season. I think if I did not weigh myself daily that I would weigh at least 210 right now.  So now I prepare to leave this blog and my few readers for the day.  I hope that you experience the peace that only Christ can provide today--God Bless You! Happy Wednesday and first day of Winter(which started at 5:44 am eastern time).

No comments:

Post a Comment