Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Good Start

 I made it out the door later than I had hope, and I pictured a morning of being behind and playing catch up.  I decided not to check my watch for splits, and just keep moving.  I decided ot check the watch after 8 miles and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was well ahead of schedule.  I did the Longwood/Medford in 1:55:50 for a 13:06 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 255 feet and an average heartrate of 100 bpm in 32 degree temps.  I didn't let my mind daydream , but just sort of plugged ahead.  The morning was so quiet and still here in the darkness of the late fall and the shortest days of the year.  I heard what sounded like a cat fight on Ridge Road just before the school and may have spooked a deer as well.  I saw a couple of falling stars in the northern skies. Nice start to the day--God Bless you my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment