Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Chorus of Crickets

 This summer I stopped listening to my ear buds every workout. In fact, lately I haven’t listened at all. It’s one less step to deal with in the morning and it allows me to be more aware of my surroundings out on the roads. Ridge is fairly wooded and especially early, it has the appearance of a rural area. I listen to a chorus of crickets as I travel the roads of Ridge. I did my short out and back and two loops of Woodlot/Ridge. I saw a fair amount of deer out this morning, catching a little snack before sunrise. It’s amazing how the inconvenience and annoyance of working out changes to a time of tranquility and communion with the Lord. It’s having faith in what you’re doing. Today I did 8.61 miles in 2:19:24 for a 16:11 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 159 bpm with an elevation gain of 267 feet at an average cadence of 127 spm at an overcast 67 degrees. The sky was a pretty pink when the sun attempted to rise. Time to teach! God bless you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment