Monday, September 4, 2023

2 Workouts in Maine

 I made an uncustomary Labor Day weekend trip to Maine. On one hand it’s a lot of travel in a short period of time. On the other hand it involves some peaceful alone time between my visits. I love being home, but it has been a busy home time for quite some time— so in some ways it’s less demanding being in Maine. I had good visit with friends mostly from church, but also some friends from school. I still feel a part of the Eastport community and they seem to look at me me as a person with some abilities. In New York I’m the old guy at work and the guy married to a really talented person with a rock star family. I know, this is a noted struggle that I have. For a short time I was that person who taught about everyone in town who coached for years, and was involved in church and special music. It felt nice.

Sunday- Eastport: I did the usual intown loop, dump road loop, with the couple of hills added in along with the hill in and out of Harris Point. I did 9.42 miles in 2:36:27 for a 16:36 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 88 bpm with an elevation gain of 486 feet at an average cadence of 125 spm at a comfortable 56 degrees. My stomach was kind of bothering me which made the workout so that I couldn’t enjoy it. I saw a few walkers and dog walkers out on this beautiful Sunday morning in the unsurpassed beauty of downeast Maine.

Monday (today) Hope, Maine: I did the Barnestown and Howe Hill Loops with the out and back down the Pastor’s road. I did 8.65 miles in 2:24:32 for a 16:42 minute per mile pace with an average heart rate of 145 bpm with an elevation gain of 559 feet at an average cadence of 126 spm at a sunny 58 degrees. I didn’t see a soul out on the Labor Day Streets of Hope. I did my two upper body strength workouts in Hope. Thankfully my father had all the necessary workout equipment so that I can get the work in on the road. I was glad to get workouts in at Hope, but both days seemed kind of hurried— but it was still a blessing. I also had a nice visit with Kim, Antonio’s, and Oliver. Kim loves her family and animals. Off to my first day of school tomorrow. Things will be a bit more busy at home with Jace and his family there until their air conditioner gets fixed. Hopefully they can get their air conditioner fixed, but in the meantime we will provide shelter. God is good! Have a blessed rest of your day friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment