Saturday, September 7, 2019

Greenway Trail

My wife had to do Weight Watchers this morning so I headed to Port Jefferson to do the Greenway Trail. It was a comfortable morning with the threat of a shower so I brought a rain jacket as well as a long sleeved shirt as the temps were in the mid 50’s. When I pulled into the parking lot I decided on the long sleeved shirt. I headed down the trail grateful for the health to be out in God’s beauty and enjoy His creation. It was a very busy morning with the Lord Mellville Cross Country team out in full force. There were so many people out that it was annoying. Thankfully at the end it was pretty much just me out on the Port Jeff side of the trail. I did 9.89 miles in 2:49:29 for a 17:16 minute per mile pace with an elevation gain of 624 feet with an average heart rate of 102 bpm at a temp of 58 degrees and 88 percent humidity. I went home and did abs and benches and mowed the lawn. Today Char and I went to Quogue and picked up the new church commercial van. My upper calf feels ok , but a little overwork. Lord willing will take tomorrow off from walking. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment